Looking for a reliable and fully licensed local company to take away your Ilford rubbish or junk? Look no further! Away With It is one of Ilford’s leading waste removal and rubbish clearance companies. We have been providing waste removal services in Ilford IG1 to businesses and residents for more than a decade. During that time we have built up a large and loyal customer base based on our reputation for fast, friendly service at competitive prices.
We cater for all types of property and provide a full range of waste and rubbish removal services, from house, garden, garage and office clearance to clearance, DIY and builders waste removal and a daily commercial waste service.
Our Waste Removal Services in Ilford IG1
Reasons To Choose Us For Your Ilford IG1 Waste Removal Needs
Here are a few more reasons to choose us to take care of your Ilford waste removal needs:
- We operate 7 days a week and offer a same day service so you can call us in the morning knowing your waste or junk will be gone by the evening!
- Bookings are in 2 hour slots and our friendly two man clearance team will always call ahead to let you know when to expect them so you’re not left hanging around.
- Before starting work we will provide you with a competitive, no obligation estimate. All our prices include labour and disposal fees, so there are no hidden costs. If you’re happy with our competitive prices we can start your removal the same day.
- Our prices are based on the percentage of the vehicle you fill so you only pay for the space you use, saving you money.
- We do all the lifting and loading for you and will even clean up and leave everything neat and tidy after so you can just sit back and relax.
- We are fully licensed and regulated. All the waste we collect is transferred safely to a recycling or disposal station and disposed of responsibly.
- We are fully insured in the unlikely event we have an accident on site.
Interesting Facts About Ilford IG2
In 1860, the only complete skull of a mammoth ever discovered in the UK was unearthed in Ilford, and can now be seen in the Natural History Museum. Although redevelopment has destroyed a great deal of archaeology, evidence has been found for an Iron Age settlement, while Roman finds have also been uncovered in the vicinity.
Remaining largely rural until its expansion in the 19th century, the opening of the railway station paved the way for new industries such as paper making. Services like steam laundries and collar making also thrived, serving the new commuting class created by the railway. A number of major businesses have been founded in Ilford, examples being Ilford Photo and telecommunications company Plessey, while BAL-AMi Jukeboxes were manufactured there during the 1950s.
Notable people from Ilford include Victorian philanthropist Thomas John Barnardo, television presenter Noel Edmonds and former England footballer Paul Ince. Ilford is also notable as being where inventor of the television John Logie Baird moved to develop his new invention, moving into a workshop in the Plessey premises in the 1920s.
Useful local resources:
http://www.redbridge.gov.uk/ – Local council website.
http://www.ilfordrecorder.co.uk/home – Local newspaper, covering news and current affairs for Ilford and the surrounding area.
http://www.ilford.org.uk/ – An interactive website packed full of loads of news and information about Ilford and the local area.
http://www.mikegapes.org.uk/ – Your local Member of Parliament.